To submit your assignment, follow these steps.
- Rename your file so that it includes the assignment number
in the name (e.g., “assign1”,
NOTE: To rename a file or folder on the Mac, click on its name or icon, press the return key so that the name is editable, then type.
- Log onto Canvas, and navigate to this course.
- Click on the Assignments button on the left side of the page.
- Click on the name of this assignment in the list in the main part of the page. You then should see a page for just this assignment.
- Click on Submit Assignment on the right side of the page.
- In the File Upload section, use the Choose
File button (or simply drag a file onto this button) to
set a file for submission. If the assignment requires you to
submit more than one file, click the Add Another File
link, and do it again.
If you have a lot of files, please put them in a sensibly named folder, and compress the folder before uploading. (Right-click on it, and choose Compress <foldername>. This makes a .zip file.
- Some assignments require you to submit a project description. You can type this in the text field that appears, or you can upload a plain text (.txt), RTF (.rtf), or Word (.doc, .docx) file.
- When you have all the files ready, click the Submit
Assignment button at the bottom.
NOTE: Be sure to set up all required files before clicking the Submit Assignment button. If you resubmit your assignment later, the resubmitted files will replace ALL of the files you already submitted.
When the submission is complete, you will see the assignment page again. If this does not happen after a reasonable amount of time, let us know. It will take longer (perhaps much longer) for assignments that include sound files.
- On the right side of the assignment page, you can click the Submission Details link to see what you uploaded.