Quiz 1 covers the reading on Acoustics. Be able to answer the following terms and concepts.
How to Study for Quiz 1
- compression and rarefaction
- time-domain waveform plot
- speed of sound — Does this change depending on the characteristics of the sound you’re hearing?
- amplitude — How does this property of waveforms affect perceived loudness?
- sound pressure level (SPL)
- threshold of hearing
- How long can you listen to a consistently loud rock or EDM show (> 115 dBA SPL) before you risk hearing damage?